Labels

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Plagiarism

I am already getting plagiarized papers from students. I know this is a stressful time. I am going to grade as generously as I can. I want to pass you. I am looking for an excuse to pass you. If you can just have a point and some evidence and like 60% of the word count and you will at least pass — make the class CREDIT/NO-CREDIT and no one will see your barely passing grade, they will only see that you passed. But if you plagiarize I CANNOT PASS YOU. I cannot tell you how much smarter it is to turn in bad work that you did yourself rather than things you stole off the internet. There is a global pandemic. Don’t add to my bad feelings by putting your name on top of a paper that you didn’t write. I am FUCKING BEGGING YOU. Do you own work. Quote whatever you want — as long as you tell me where it is coming from and which part is someone else’s idea and which part is yours. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH DO YOUR OWN WORK DURING THE GLOBAL CATASTROPHE I LOVE YOU ALL GIVE ME AN EXCUSE TO PASS YOU AND I WILL BUT I CANNOT PASS YOU IF YOU DO NOT DO YOUR OWN WORK.

BEGGING HERE. LITERALLY BEGGING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT COMMENTING!!! If you are a current student of mine please include your first and last name somewhere. (You don’t have to log in to make a comment, but if you log in with your gmail account your name and image will be there automatically). Ask QUESTIONS, or give OPINIONS WITH REASONS or ADD something to the discussion with EXAMPLES! If for some reason your comments disappear — JUST EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENTS