Labels

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

ENG373: The Phoenix and the Turtle

Let’s do the first half of our FINAL text AND look at a Batman comic book AND I AM FILMING AT AN EXCITING NEW LOCATION! Here is a link to the poem:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45085/the-phoenix-and-the-turtle-56d2246f86c06


5 comments:

  1. So about the weird two people in love are like one person, it makes me think of quantum entanglement. I'm not good at science but I think it's when two separate things are so connect, they cannot be talked about independently so I wonder that even though math is against this two is one concept, maybe science supports it?

    -Deborah Majowka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also not good at science but it is a pretty metaphor! I think LOST used it at one point with Penny and Desmond?

      Delete
  2. I feel like this is the bird version of Romeo and Juliet. I'm surprised Romeo didn't recite this poem to her. Also, I watched sense 8 and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see what you mean — but there was never a point earlier in their relationship that was logical.

    ReplyDelete

INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT COMMENTING!!! If you are a current student of mine please include your first and last name somewhere. (You don’t have to log in to make a comment, but if you log in with your gmail account your name and image will be there automatically). Ask QUESTIONS, or give OPINIONS WITH REASONS or ADD something to the discussion with EXAMPLES! If for some reason your comments disappear — JUST EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENTS