Labels

Saturday, April 4, 2020

101: HOW TO PASS THE CLASS

In 101 there are four essays — to pass the class you are going to need to turn in all four by May 14. The good news is one you already have done! Each essay should be between 500-750 words.

1. An in class essay about Phaedrus that you already did a first draft of before school was moved online (feel free to email me the second draft of that at any time). 
2. An essay you are going to do at home that can be found here: https://geoffklockbmcc.blogspot.com/2020/03/eng101-paper-2-assignment-due-by-may-14.html
3. The research paper — I handed this out prior to school being moved online — if you don’t have this email me and I will email it to you! 
4. The timed final exam paper on the David Foster Wallace and Michael Pollan essays that I gave you before school was moved online (if you don’t have that email me and I will email it to you) — that will be something you do on blackboard around May 14 — I will let you know details about that when we get closer. For now you can read the David Foster Wallace and Michael Pollan essays, and look up words you don’t know and ask questions and make comments. There will be videos about these essays and I will answer all your questions about them. 

There is advice in the syllabus about how to do papers — read that advice.

Any essay you give me prior to May 14 can be re-written for a higher grade. B is the highest grade I can give first drafts. 

Commenting on the blog is class participation so do that! 

I recommend you make the class “CREDIT / NO CREDIT” (also known as PASS/FAIL) 

Any questions you have about this put it in the comments or email me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT COMMENTING!!! If you are a current student of mine please include your first and last name somewhere. (You don’t have to log in to make a comment, but if you log in with your gmail account your name and image will be there automatically). Ask QUESTIONS, or give OPINIONS WITH REASONS or ADD something to the discussion with EXAMPLES! If for some reason your comments disappear — JUST EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENTS