Labels

Monday, March 23, 2020

PASS/FAIL and WITHDRAW

It is maybe too early to be talking to you about this but everyone is worried about grades. CUNY has a plan they are setting up now and this is what I THINK it is going to look like. Please ask questions if you have them in the comments. Basically i think you are going to be able to withdraw from courses until May 14 and I think you will also have the option of, instead of a letter grade of A B C D F, you can have you transcript say PASS or FAIL, and I recommend you do this when the option becomes available. 

Also the new due date for all my papers is — GET ME THINGS BY THE END OF TERM

11 comments:

  1. please let me know how this applies to students that are supposed to be graduating, because this option is looking good but might not be good for us who are leaving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think it would be different for you — you just declare your classes PASS/FAIL and then all you need to do is like complete 60% of the work and you will get a PASS and then you graduate. And let me say I am just LOOKING for an excuse to pass my students so if I see ANY kind of effort (a three page paper instead of the 5 I asked for, commenting on blogs) I am gonna toss you that PASS

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the pass/fail going to do for your overall GPA? If you get a pass, even though it was for a D, would that still effect your GPA like a D would- if there is any effect to your GPA at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It woudl have no effect on your GPA — you would get credit for passing the class, but your GPA would remain where it was. If the PASS/FAIL course was a prerequisite for something if you pass you can take the next course.

      Delete
  4. Let me know about the PASS/FAIL option, I want to turn in Paper One as soon as I’m done revising it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn your work in whenever you are ready — take as much time as you want, penalties for late work are no longer in effect. As soon as I have more info on PASS FAIL I will tell everyone on this blog

      Delete
  5. Very helpful to know- thanks for being the first teacher to even mention this to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Think about it like this: If I ask for 2 five page papers and you give me 2 3page papers then you did about 60% of the required work. A D- is about 60%. So as long as you did the assignment and did not plagiarize then I can give you that D- and you can declare the class pass/fail and instead of showing a D- it will just show PASS.

      Delete

INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT COMMENTING!!! If you are a current student of mine please include your first and last name somewhere. (You don’t have to log in to make a comment, but if you log in with your gmail account your name and image will be there automatically). Ask QUESTIONS, or give OPINIONS WITH REASONS or ADD something to the discussion with EXAMPLES! If for some reason your comments disappear — JUST EMAIL ME YOUR COMMENTS